1800 g piece of boneless turkey breast
for the marinade
- juice of 2 lemons
- 9 tbs freshly chopped rosemary, thyme and sage (3 tbs each)
- 1 garlic head (peeled and crushed)
- 3 tbs olive oil or Carotino
- 2 tsp sea salt
- large roasting tray, non-stick or lined with non-stick Teflon sheet
- aluminum foil
- Place turkey in a container or freezer bag.
- Combine all ingredients for marinade and pour over turkey, close tight and keep in the fridge overnight.
- Next day place turkey together with the marinade on roasting tin, cover with the aluminum foil and bake in the oven preheated to 180°C (356°F), turning from time to time, until almost ready.
- Remove aluminum foil towards the end and bake some more – about 2½ hours all together.
- Check with the skewer if the turkey juices are running clear before removing from the oven.
- Slice and enjoy.
Serves 16 people or family of four for 3 days.
Serve with some cranberry sauce and/or onion chutney on a side, some salad and roasted veggies.
I made with leftover turkey Creamy Leftover Turkey Pie with Carrots & Green Beans and Leftover Turkey & Roasted Veggies in Puff Pastry.