- 500g kumquats
- 5 cups of water
- 2 cups golden caster sugar
- 3 tbs vanilla sugar
- Cut kumquats in halves, remove seeds with the tip of the knife.
- Place in the pot with water, caster sugar and bring to boil.
- Reduce fire and let it shimmer till thick, about 1 hours.
- Towards the end stir in vanilla sugar and cook few minutes longer.
- Share to the jars, close immediately.
Make about 2 cups of marmalade.
To make sure that there is no air in the jar you may also pour over the top a little bit of rectified spirit, set it on fire and close the lid while the spirit is still burning (Polish way).
Similar recipes from other blogs:
If you can’t get kumquats regular oranges and Michelle’s orange marmalade recipe can be of help.