- 500g dry red lentils (soaked for 10 minutes and rinsed)
- 1½ kg carrots (chopped coarsely)
- 2½ litres of hot water
- 5 vegetable or chicken cubes (10g each)
- 2 tbs mild curry powder
- black peppercorns
- ½ cup of soured cream
- Groszek Ptysiowy (Pea Puffs) to serve or some croutons made of bread fried on butter
- large pot with lid
- hand blender
- piping syringe (to make pea puffs)
- two baking trays (to make pea puffs)
- whisk (to make pea puffs)
- or frying pan (to make bread croutons)
- Place hot water, carrots, lentils, cubes and curry powder in a large pot and cook covered for 30 minutes.
- In meantime prepare pea puffs or cube some bread and fry on frying pan with butter until crunchy.
- Once soup is cooked add soured cream and blend it with hand blender until smooth.
- Share to the bowls, sprinkle with freshly cracked pepper and serve with some pea puffs on a side.
Make 6-8 servings.
If you don’t have time to prepare pea puffs or croutons you can serve the soup with some nice bread sticks.