Celeriac with Beets, Raisins & Walnuts aka Pink Waldorf SaladPosted on: 13th Feb 2013
[Based on Waldorf Salad recipe.]
Bitter-sweet salad, just like LOVE, perfect for Valentine’s Day!
- 500g piece of celeriac root
- 500g raw beetroots (about 2 of them)
- ½ cup / handful of raisins
- ½ cup / handful of walnuts
- fine sea salt – to taste
- black peppercorns – to taste
- mayonnaise – to taste
- Rehydrate raisins by putting them in a cup of boiling water.
- Place couple of spoonfuls of mayonnaise in a large mixing bowl.
- Peel and grate celeriac root and beetroots, stir into the bowl immediately mixing with mayonnaise, otherwise it the celeriac will turn brown.
- Chop the walnuts, add to the salad.
- Drain the raisins and also fold into the salad.
- Season to taste with salt, freshly cracked pepper and more mayonnaise if required.
- Cool down in the fridge for couple of hours or even overnight.
- Enjoy with a slice of crunchy buttered bread as a snack or with meats as a side dish.
Serve 6 people.
My husband does not like celeriac or beetroot so he was very sceptical when I started making this salad… now he can’t stop eating it (!) Myself, I love beetroot and celeriac, but not raisins, this salad is probably the only way for me to eat and actually enjoy them.
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).