DIY Sponge on a Rope with Beads and RibbonPosted on: 28th Apr 2012
I don’t know if it is just my luck but every time I buy sponges on the ropes for my girls they are either too hard to use or they are breaking after couple of days and we don’t like all those plasticky wash puffs so I decided to make my own ropes for plain sponges.
- 2 acrylic beads with large holes
- piece of ribbon or string
crochet hook (I used 3 mm one)
- Pierce the sponge with a crochet hook.
- Fold the ribbon in half and pull it through the sponge.
- Thread the beads onto the ribbon on the top and bottom of the sponge finishing with knots.
- And voilà, your sponge on a rope is ready.
Make sure the colour of the string or ribbon you are using is not running.
More DIY “sponge on a rope” ideas:
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through our RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look, favourite those you like the most or suggest new images to be added... Any feedback will be greatly appreciated (!)
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).