Cinnamon & Nutmeg Bundt Cake / Babka z Cynamonem i Gałką MuszkatałowąPosted on: 24th Mar 2013
- 2½ cups of plain flour
- 1½ cups caster sugar
- 250g unsalted butter (softened)
- 6 eggs (7-8 if small)
- 1 tbs freshly ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tbs baking powder.
- home-made cinnamon sugar for topping
- mixer – optional
- bundt baking pan (I used silicone one placed on baking tray)
- whisk to beat the egg whites (I used manual one)
- two mixing bowls, one for egg whites and one for the rest of the ingredients (mixer bowl)
- wooden skewer
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Separate egg yolks from the whites.
- In a mixing bowl combine sugar, egg yolks and butter and mix until well combined.
- In meantime whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually add also flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, egg whites and baking powder.
- Transfer the mixture into baking pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, check with the skewer if the cake is baked through and dry inside.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar while still hot.
- Let it cool down completely before sharing.
Make 16 pieces of cake.
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through 416 Studios' RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look...
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).