- 2½ cups of plain flour
- 1½ cups caster sugar
- 250 g unsalted butter (softened)
- 6 eggs (7 – 8 if small)
- 1 tbs freshly ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tbs baking powder
- home-made cinnamon sugar for topping
- mixer – optional
- bundt baking pan (I used silicone one placed on baking tray)
- whisk to beat the egg whites (I used manual one)
- two mixing bowls, one for egg whites and one for the rest of the ingredients (mixer bowl)
- wooden skewer
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Separate egg yolks from the whites.
- In a mixing bowl combine sugar, egg yolks and butter and mix until well combined.
- In meantime whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually add also flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, egg whites and baking powder.
- Transfer the mixture into baking pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, check with the skewer if the cake is baked through and dry inside.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar while still hot.
- Let it cool down completely before sharing.
Makes 16 pieces of cake.