Decadent Red Velvet Brownies with WalnutsPosted on: 29th Jan 2009
[adapted from Guardian website]
- 250g unsalted butter
- 250g dark chocolate – 70% cocoa (broken into pieces)
- 250g cooked and peeled beetroot (grated)
- 1 cup golden caster sugar
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or optionally pecans or hazelnuts
- 3-4 eggs
- some more butter to grease the tins
- whisk (I used both: hand whisk and hand blender with whisk end)
- 2 smaller or 1 large (about A4 size) baking tray, at least 3 cm high
- baking paper
- skewer to test if brownies are ready
- Preheat oven to 170°C (338°F).
- Grease baking tins and line them with baking paper, grease some more.
- In a small saucepan melt chocolate and butter, let it cool down a little bit.
- In a mixing bowl whisk eggs with sugar until creamy.
- Combine with chocolate mixture. Fold in also flour, then walnuts and beet roots.
- Pour the batter into baking tin(s).
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until skewer comes out almost clean.
- Let it cool down completely before cutting into squares.
Makes about 15-20 portions.
More decadent chocolate & walnut dessert ideas:
Cape brandy pudding by Jeanne of Cook Sister
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through our RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look, favourite those you like the most or suggest new images to be added... Any feedback will be greatly appreciated (!)
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).