Decadent Red Velvet Brownies with WalnutsPosted on: 29th Jan 2009
[adapted from Guardian website]
- 250g unsalted butter
- 250g dark chocolate – 70% cocoa (broken into pieces)
- 250g cooked and peeled beetroot (grated)
- 1 cup golden caster sugar
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or optionally pecans or hazelnuts
- 3-4 eggs
- some more butter to grease the tins
- whisk (I used both: hand whisk and hand blender with whisk end)
- 2 smaller or 1 large (about A4 size) baking tray, at least 3 cm high
- baking paper
- skewer to test if brownies are ready
- Preheat oven to 170°C (338°F).
- Grease baking tins and line them with baking paper, grease some more.
- In a small saucepan melt chocolate and butter, let it cool down a little bit.
- In a mixing bowl whisk eggs with sugar until creamy.
- Combine with chocolate mixture. Fold in also flour, then walnuts and beet roots.
- Pour the batter into baking tin(s).
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until skewer comes out almost clean.
- Let it cool down completely before cutting into squares.
Makes about 15-20 portions.
More decadent chocolate & walnut dessert ideas:
Cape brandy pudding by Jeanne of Cook Sister
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design, SEO & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).