You don’t need to have almost any crocheting skills to make this bookmark, it could be actullay your first project as it require only 3 basic crochet stitches and is a small project that should not take too long.
- couple of colours of leftover crochet yarn
- crochet hook (I used 4 mm one)
Please note that names of the stitches vary, this is UK pattern, click through for UK to US crochet stitches conversion chart.
stitches used: chain (ch), double crochet (dc), slip stitch (ss)
- Start with a chain, long enough to fit inside the book, then work dc for couple of rows (I made 2 rows of each colour) starting with 1 ch for the first dc and leaving long pieces of yarn on the beginning and at the end of each colour for frills.
- Once the bookmark is wide enough finish with ss
- Secure loose ends of yarn tying the same two colours of thread together.
- Tie in also extra yarn pieces to make the frills thicker and voilà, the bookmark is ready.
More free crochet patterns.