[inspired by Kalyn of Kalyn’s Kitchen]
- 2 courgettes / zucchinis – about 600g (sliced finely)
- 500g yellow sweet banana peppers – about 8 (deseeded, cut in halves lengthwise)
- 500g onions – 2 large ones (cut into wedges)
- 700g potatoes (sliced finely)
- 3 tbs Carotino oil
- 200g-300g salad cheese or feta (I used Patros salad cheese from cow’s milk)
- 2 tbs garlic puree
- 240g jar sliced black olives (120g drained)
- handful or two of fresh basil leaves
- black peppercorns
- sea salt to taste
- 2 large baking trays
- 2 non-stick baking sheets
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Place sliced potatoes and 1tbs Carotino in a large mixing bowl and stir well. Transfer potatoes to one of the baking trays, lined with non-stick sheet. Place them in the oven.
- Now add to the mixing bowl the rest of Carotino, 2 tbs, sliced zucchinis, onions and peppers. Stir well and place them on second baking tray. Place in the oven.
- Shift baking trays from time to time and stir vegetables. Turn on also grill if you have option, towards the end of baking. It is important to have potatoes on separate tray, as they will bake longer than the rest of the vegetables.
- In meantime crumble or cut into small cubes salad cheese, drain olives, chop basil and place in large mixing bowl together with garlic purée.
- When vegetables are ready, add them to the bowl with cheese and olives.
- Stir well, season with freshly grounds pepper, salt and serve.
Serves 4-6 people as a side dish or 4 people as a snack.
Taste good as well cold.
Only this week I made those veggies twice, they are really delicious.