This is one of kids’ favorite recipes… fish cakes made with rice and herbs, delicious on their own as a snack or served with veggies or salad for dinner.
- 800 – 900 g frozen fish fillets
- 1½ cups white rice
- 4 – 5 cups of water
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 2 – 3 onions (finely chopped)
- 3 – 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen parsley
- 3 tbs Vegeta (vegetable seasoning)
- ground black pepper
- ⅓ litre corn or rapeseed oil for frying
- paper kitchen towels
- 2 cups plain flour
- Defrost and cook fish in microwave or steam till soft, remove excess water and flake the fish.
- In meantime fry onions on butter, add to the large bowl with flaked fish.
- Cook rice in water, covered till soft… rice should be overcooked and sticky.
- Transfer rice to the bowl with fish.
- Add also parsley, Vegeta and pepper.
- Stir everything and add 1 egg at the time, mixture should be sticky but not too loose.
- With table spoon take portion of the mixture, deep in flour and create ball, flatten and deep fry on oil on both sides till golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with some salad or vegetables.
Makes about 30 – 35 cakes.
More recipes on a budget.
More Polish recipes.