- 8 tbs mayonnaise or for lower in calories version 4 tbs natural yogurt and only 3 tbs mayo
- 100g mature Gorgonzola cheese / Gorgonzola Piccante or other similar blue cheese
- 1 huge or 2 smaller lettuce heads (washed and torn) or 1 lettuce and 4-6 tomatoes (cubed)
- rainbow or black peppercorns
- sea salt to taste
- On the bottom of salad bowl combine Gorgonzola with mayonnaise and optionally yoghurt and mash until smooth.
- Add lettuce (and tomatoes if used), mix well, season to taste with freshly cracked pepper and sea salt.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 4 generous portions.
More blue cheese recipes:
Michelle made delicious blue cheese sauce for steak.