Banana Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce and Vanilla Ice CreamPosted on: 18th Jul 2008
for banana filling
- 4 ripe but still firm bananas – about 700g (halved lengthwise)
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 15g unsalted butter
for chocolate sauce
- 100g dark chocolate bar
- 25g unsalted butter
- 3 tbs milk
for the pancakes
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 2½ cups milk
- 3 eggs
- olive oil to brush the frying pan
- vanilla ice cream to serve
- medium size non-stick frying pan
- silicone brush
- large whisk
- small sauce pan
- Beat eggs lightly, stir in milk and flour, mix well with a whisk.
- Pour about 125ml of pancake mixture on hot, brushed with oil frying pan.
- Fry over medium fire on both sides until golden, leave aside.
- Repeat the same until pancake mixture is finished.
- In meantime in a small sauce pan place chocolate bar, milk and butter and heat over low fire until melted, leave aside.
- On the same frying pan you were frying pancakes melt the butter, place halved bananas, sprinkle them with vanilla sugar and fry on both sides until they are starting to get brown.
- Place half of fried banana in each pancake and roll them.
- Serve to the plates with some vanilla ice cream on a side.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce and serve immediately.
Makes 8 pancakes, serve 4-8 people.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through our RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look, favourite those you like the most or suggest new images to be added... Any feedback will be greatly appreciated (!)
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).