Baked Mackerel in Caribbean Coconut Curry Sauce and TomatoesPosted on: 17th Apr 2010
- 2 large or 4 smaller fresh mackerel fillets – about 600g (halved)
- ½ creamed coconut bar – 100g (chopped)
- ¾ cup hot water
- 2 tsp mild Caribbean curry powder (or any other curry powder)
- sea salt
- black or rainbow peppercorns (freshly cracked)
- 4 or more medium tomatoes (quartered)
- fresh coriander / cilantro – optional
- 1½ tsp dried chopped garlic
- oven proof dish – I used rectangular 23×27cm, 4 l Pyrex but dish does not have to be so deep
- Place mackerels on the bottom of oven proof dish (skin down), top with chopped coconut, curry powder, sea salt, cracked pepper, garlic, pour over hot water.
- On the top place tomatoes (skin up) and bake in 200°C (392°F) for about 25-30 minutes until fish is ready, tomatoes are roasted and sauce is not too watery.
- Share fish the plates, top with roasted tomatoes and coconut sauce, sprinkle optionally with fresh coriander.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and carrots or some fried plantain on a side.
Makes 4 servings.
Creamed coconut bar and water can be replaced with a cup of coconut cream.
Looking for more baked fish recipe ideas?
Jeanne baked tilapia whole with flat-leaf parsley & garlic.
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through 416 Studios' RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look...
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).