- 1200 g chicken wings (cut in 3)
- 3 apples (cubed)
- 150g prunes / 2 handfuls (halved)
- 6 shallots (quartered)
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Vegeta or other vegetable stock granules or salt (about 1½ tsp)
- 2 tsp dried basil
- black peppercorns (freshly cracked)
- oven proof dish – I used rectangular 23×27cm, 4 l Pyrex
- Place all ingredients in a baking dish and bake in 200°C (392°F) stirring occasionally until chicken is ready and crunchy.
- Serve with some baked potatoes or pasta on a side.
Makes 4 servings.
More recipe ideas calling for shallots:
Lamb steaks with shallots and red wine sauce by Greedy Gourmet.