This is delicious and quite healthy recipe that can be made with leftover chicken and salad leaves.
- ¾ cup mung beans or green lentils cooked according to the packet instructions with ½ vegetable cube (mung beans and sometimes lentils have to be soaked overnight)
- ½ tbs unsalted butter
- 80 g packet of rocket leaves / arugula / rucola or other salad leaves (washed and drained)
- 3 chicken breasts (chopped)
- 3 tbs olive oil
- garlic salt
- 200 g couscous prepared according to the packet instructions
- medium hot sauce – optional
- Cook mung beans/lentils, add butter, stir and leave aside.
- Prepare also couscous with boiling water, leave aside.
- In large frying pan fry chicken breast on oil till golden brown, stir in couscous and beans.
- Season with garlic salt.
- Share rocket leaves to the plates and top it with chicken mixture.
- Optionally sprinkle with some hot sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Serves 3 – 4 people as a main dish.
This is my entry for Kalyn’s Weekend Herb Blogging, hosted this week by Myriam from Once Upon A Tart.