This is very quick yet delicious couscous salad recipe that can be served either warm or cold and will make great midweek dinner, lunch or even party food.
- 500 g couscous
- 700 ml boiling water
- 2 vegetable cubes
- 3 tbs tandoori masala seasoning
- 400 g tin of tuna in oil
- 2 bell peppers – I used red & yellow (diced)
- 2 onions (diced)
- 2 tbs of butter for frying onions
- juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt – optional
- First on the bottom of large caramelize onions on butter.
- In a jug dissolve cubes in boiling water, add also tandoori masala powder.
- Once onions are nicely browned combine them with couscous and heat for a while stirring constantly.
- Add also flaked tuna, lemon juice and stir some more.
- Pour as well stock into the pot and heat for a while longer.
- Remove from fire and leave aside for couple of minutes.
- In meantime dice the peppers and fold them into the couscous.
- Season to taste with some sea salt if necessary.
- Serve while still warm or chilled.
Serves 5 people as a main dish or many more as a snack.
If you have time grill diced peppers for even more flavoursome couscous.
Top with some pickled chilli peppers for extra heat.
I made this fish shaped plate during the art classes I attend.