- 1 whole small chicken
for the stuffing
- 2 onions (chopped)
- little bit of olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 tsp Vegeta (vegetable seasoning)
- 1 tbs marjoram
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
for the gravy
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp Vegeta
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tbs smoked paprika powder
- Prepare stuffing: caramelise onions on oil, add garlic and spices.
- Put inside chicken together with butter.
- Stir all ingredients for gravy.
- Place chicken in non stick backing dish and pour gravy over it.
- It should be quite a lot of liquid on the bottom of the tin.
- Bake for about an hour in 200°C (392°F) turning chicken from time to time to moisture it with the gravy.
Serves 4 people.
More roasting ideas:
Michelle slow-roasted shoulder of lamb for 7 hours (!)
And Jeanne made spicy slow-roast lamb.