Dark Chocolate Muffins with a Surprise InsidePosted on: 4th Jul 2010
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2½ cups golden caster sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbs baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup vegetable oil, neutral one that does not have strong taste or smell, like canola, sweet almond or Carotino oil
- 1 cup soured cream
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tbs white vinegar (I used rice vinegar)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup jam / marmalade for filling (I used home-made black currant marmalade but raspberry or cherry jam would be very good too)
- muffin / baking trays lined with 24 silicone or paper muffin cases
- Preheat oven to 170°C (338°F).
- In meantime combine together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt and mix together with the whisk.
- Add oil, eggs and soured cream, whisk until well blended. Add also vinegar.
- Pour half of the batter into muffin cases, top each with about ½ tsp a little bit more of jam / marmalade and then pour over the rest of chocolate batter into each muffin case.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, remove from the oven and let them cool down completely before serving.
Makes 24 muffins.
Background made of paper kitchen towel painted by my 4 year old daughter.
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).