Dark Chocolate Muffins with a Surprise InsidePosted on: 4th Jul 2010
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2½ cups golden caster sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbs baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup vegetable oil, neutral one that does not have strong taste or smell, like canola, sweet almond or Carotino oil
- 1 cup soured cream
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tbs white vinegar (I used rice vinegar)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup jam / marmalade for filling (I used home-made black currant marmalade but raspberry or cherry jam would be very good too)
- muffin / baking trays lined with 24 silicone or paper muffin cases
- Preheat oven to 170°C (338°F).
- In meantime combine together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt and mix together with the whisk.
- Add oil, eggs and soured cream, whisk until well blended. Add also vinegar.
- Pour half of the batter into muffin cases, top each with about ½ tsp a little bit more of jam / marmalade and then pour over the rest of chocolate batter into each muffin case.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, remove from the oven and let them cool down completely before serving.
Makes 24 muffins.
Background made of paper kitchen towel painted by my 4 year old daughter.
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through 416 Studios' RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look...
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).