Caribbean Pineapple & Chicken Kebabs – Sweet, Spicy & JuicyPosted on: 29th Apr 2010
[inspired by recipe from Dunn's River Jerk Seasoning]
- 4 large chicken breasts – about 900g (cubed)
- 3 tbs oil (I used olive oil)
- 1½ tbs Caribbean seasoning in powder (I used Dunn’s River Jerk Seasoning)
- 1 tsp minced garlic or some fresh, crushed one
- 2 x 400g tins of pineapple in juice, not syrup (drained and quartered if slices, but pineapple chunks would be better) or
- large fresh, ripe large pineapple (cubed)
- sweet red pepper (coarsely cubed) - optional
- 8-10 bamboo skewers (soaked in the water for about 2 hours)
- baking tray
- Place cubed chicken, seasoning & oil in a mixing bowl and leave in the fridge for about 2 hours.
In meantime let the bamboo skewers soak in the water.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F).
- Stick on the skewers pineapple, optionally pepper and chicken chunks, hang them across baking tray so they wouldn’t touch the bottom of the tray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until chicken ready and pineapple browned, serve immediately with Rice & Peas and some avocado on a side.
Serves 4 people.
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through 416 Studios' RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look, favourite those you like the most or suggest new images to be added... Any feedback will be greatly appreciated (!)
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).