Caribbean Pineapple & Chicken Kebabs – Sweet, Spicy & JuicyPosted on: 29th Apr 2010
[inspired by recipe from Dunn’s River Jerk Seasoning]
- 4 large chicken breasts – about 900g (cubed)
- 3 tbs oil (I used olive oil)
- 1½ tbs Caribbean seasoning in powder (I used Dunn’s River Jerk Seasoning)
- 1 tsp minced garlic or some fresh, crushed one
- 2 x 400g tins of pineapple in juice, not syrup (drained and quartered if slices, but pineapple chunks would be better) or
- large fresh, ripe large pineapple (cubed)
- sweet red pepper (coarsely cubed) - optional
- 8-10 bamboo skewers (soaked in the water for about 2 hours)
- baking tray
- Place cubed chicken, seasoning & oil in a mixing bowl and leave in the fridge for about 2 hours.
In meantime let the bamboo skewers soak in the water.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F).
- Stick on the skewers pineapple, optionally pepper and chicken chunks, hang them across baking tray so they wouldn’t touch the bottom of the tray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until chicken ready and pineapple browned, serve immediately with Rice & Peas and some avocado on a side.
Serves 4 people.
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).