This is our first ever post on Coffee & Vanilla, hope you will enjoy it…
- 1.5 kg frozen oriental / stir fry mixed vegetables (bamboo, bean sprouts, green beans, sweet corn, red pepper, onion etc.)
- oil for frying (I used corn oil)
- salt – to taste
- 500 g couscous or noodles
- 1000 ml boiling water
- 1 – 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 6 tbs smooth peanut butter
- 4 tbs reduced salt dark soy sauce
- 3 gloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tbs of soft dark brown sugar
- ⅔ cup of hot water
- 3 pinches (a little bit more than half a teaspoon) ginger powder
- 4 – 6 eggs – optional
- Place couscous it in a large mixing bowl, add vegetable stock cubes (crushed) and boiling water.
Cover and leave aside till couscous soak all the water. Optionally prepare noodles accordingly to the instructions on the package.
- Stir fry vegetables, add salt. When vegetables are ready, optionally beat in eggs and fry some more.
- In small saucepan mix all ingredients for peanut sauce, heat till sauce have smooth texture and starts boiling.
- Serve vegetables over couscous, top with peanut sauce or serve it in small bowls next to the plates.
Serves 4 – 6 people.
This dish will taste also great with noodles instead of couscous.
More quick meal ideas.