Bramble Sorbet IciclesPosted on: 30th Apr 2008
- 1 cup of hot water
- 4 tbs caster sugar
- 150-200g frozen bramble fruits such as raspberries, blackberries, black raspberries or loganberries (about 1½ cup)
- mould for 6 icicles / popsicles
- Dissolve sugar in water and let it cold down.
- Then place sweetened water and fruits in a blender and process till smooth.
- Pour mixture into mould and freeze for couple of hours.
- Remove from the freezer and leave for couple of minutes on a side before trying to remove from the moulds.
You can also double or triple the recipe and freeze sorbet in large container and then share it with ice cream scoop, or pour mixture into small plastic cups, place sticks in the middle and freeze (it will work as good as mould for icicles).
And here is some info on bramble fruits.
Brambles include blackberries, raspberries, black raspberries and other related fruits such as hybrid between raspberries and blackberries – loganberries. In popular UK usage the term refers to the blackberry bush and fruits.
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).