Steamed Sprouting Broccoli & Radishes with Ultimate Cheddar SaucePosted on: 21st Oct 2011
- 200g purple sprouting broccoli
- 200g radishes
for the sauce
- 3 tbs plain flour
- 30g unstalted butter
- 400ml water
- 2 small vegetable cubes ( I used Oxo)
- 100g mature Cheddar or other strong cheese (chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In a saucepan heat flour and butter stirring constantly until bubbling. In meantime dissolve cubes in boiling water.
- Gradually stir in bullion into the saucepan, bring to boil, add cheese, garlic powder and continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- In meantime steam or cook in a little bit of water broccoli and radishes.
- Serve sauce over steamed veggies.
Serves 4–6 people as a side dish.
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through 416 Studios' RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look...
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).