Steamed Sprouting Broccoli & Radishes with Ultimate Cheddar SaucePosted on: 21st Oct 2011
- 200g purple sprouting broccoli
- 200g radishes
for the sauce
- 3 tbs plain flour
- 30g unstalted butter
- 400ml water
- 2 small vegetable cubes ( I used Oxo)
- 100g mature Cheddar or other strong cheese (chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In a saucepan heat flour and butter stirring constantly until bubbling. In meantime dissolve cubes in boiling water.
- Gradually stir in bullion into the saucepan, bring to boil, add cheese, garlic powder and continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- In meantime steam or cook in a little bit of water broccoli and radishes.
- Serve sauce over steamed veggies.
Serves 4–6 people as a side dish.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through our RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look, favourite those you like the most or suggest new images to be added... Any feedback will be greatly appreciated (!)
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).