- 200 g purple sprouting broccoli
- 200 g radishes
for the sauce
- 3 tbs plain flour
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 400 ml water
- 2 small vegetable cubes or 1 bigger
- 100 g mature Cheddar or other strong cheese (chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In a saucepan heat flour and butter stirring constantly until bubbling.
- Dissolve cubes in boiling water.
- Gradually stir in bullion into the saucepan, bring to boil, add cheese, garlic powder and continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- In meantime steam or cook in a little bit of water broccoli and radishes.
- Serve sauce over steamed veggies.
Serves 4 – 6 people as a side dish.
This Cheddar sauce will work well with other steamed / cooked veggies such as cauliflower, string beans, asparagus or baby leeks.