Spicy Tuna, Corn & Red Kidney Bean Jacket PotatoesPosted on: 29th Jun 2012
- 6-8 large baking potatoes / about 2½ kg
for the filling
- 2 x 200g tin of tuna in brine (drained)
- 400g tin of sweet corn (drained)
- 400g tin of red kidney beans (drained)
- sweet red pointed pepper (chopped)
- half large bunch of parsley or some fresh or frozen dill (finely chopped)
- 3 tbs crème fraiche or to taste
- 3 tbs mayonnaise or to taste
- sea salt to taste
- hot sauce (I used Encona’s Creole Sauce) to taste
- baking tray
- metal skewer
- mixing bowl
- With a skewer pierce skin of each potato, place them in the oven preheated to 200°C (392°F) and bake for about an hour or longer, until very soft inside (check with the skewer).
- Combine all ingredients for the filling in a mixing bowl and leave aside.
- Once potatoes are ready cross cut them while still hot and top them with the filling.
- Enjoy with some green salad on a side.
Serve about 6 people.
This filling is also great as a sandwich filler.
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).