Spicy Tuna, Corn & Red Kidney Bean Jacket PotatoesPosted on: 29th Jun 2012
- 6-8 large baking potatoes / about 2½ kg
for the filling
- 2 x 200g tin of tuna in brine (drained)
- 400g tin of sweet corn (drained)
- 400g tin of red kidney beans (drained)
- sweet red pointed pepper (chopped)
- half large bunch of parsley or some fresh or frozen dill (finely chopped)
- 3 tbs crème fraiche or to taste
- 3 tbs mayonnaise or to taste
- sea salt to taste
- hot sauce (I used Encona’s Creole Sauce) to taste
- baking tray
- metal skewer
- mixing bowl
- With a skewer pierce skin of each potato, place them in the oven preheated to 200°C (392°F) and bake for about an hour or longer, until very soft inside (check with the skewer).
- Combine all ingredients for the filling in a mixing bowl and leave aside.
- Once potatoes are ready cross cut them while still hot and top them with the filling.
- Enjoy with some green salad on a side.
Serve about 6 people.
This filling is also great as a sandwich filler.
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).