DIY Truffula Fluffy Pom-Pom Trees from The LoraxPosted on: 2nd May 2012
After watching very much loved “Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax” movie last weekend, we could not resist making some themed crafts. And with the pot of grass already on hand (leftover from Easter) we had no other choice but to make truffula trees :)
- wooden skewers
- fluffy pom-poms in candy pinks and yellows
- flower pot with grass
- black permanent marker
- all-purpose clear permanent glue (like UHU, Bostik or GSD)
- With a marker paint stripes on the skewer making zig-zag movements while turning skewer with the other hand… it will make uneven stripes, also wood absorbency will help the design to look more realistic, like on the trees from The Lorax.
- Deep the sharp part of the skewer in glue and stick it into the pom-pom.
- Place your ready fluffy tree in the pot with grass.
- Repeat the same with more skewers and pom-poms until you are happy with your very own truffula forest.
If you are in The Lorax mood you may want to get one of the below printables:
- The Lorax moustache
- The Lorax stickers (Lorax & bears)
- The Lorax stickers (other caracters)
- The Lorax bookmark
Image & printables credit: A Universal Picture © 2012 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).