Char-Grilled Asparagus with Green Onions, Parmesan and Balsamic GlazePosted on: 30th Apr 2009
[inspired by Richard Leader of Superfood]
- bunch of green onions / spring onions
- bunch of asparagus (about 350g)
- 1 tbs olive oil or grapeseed oil
- Parmesan cheese (grated or shaved)
- balsamic glaze (thicker than balsamic vinegar)
- sea salt
- cast iron ribbed frying pan or char-grilling pan
- Toss asparagus and spring onions with oil, place on hot frying pan over high fire and char-grill turning occasionally until grilling marks appear and asparagus (on the bottom) is soft when pricked with a fork.
- Char-grilling will produce smoke, but this is very welcomed effect, so just make sure your windows are open and cooker hood on, if you don’t want to activate fire alarm :)
- Transfer ready asparagus and spring onions to the plate, sprinkle with Parmesan, salt and balsamic glaze.
- You may also use only salt, it will be still delicious…
Serves 4 people as a side dish.
It was the best asparagus I have ever had (!) Thank you Richard :)
Kids loved it as well, even the 3 year old but not the onions and balsamic glaze.
Looking for more asparagus recipes?
Michelle of Greedy Gourmet made this beautiful and creamy asparagus soup.
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through 416 Studios' RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look...
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).