- 500 g penne pasta (or other shape)
- 500 g Brussels sprouts (cut in halves lengthwise)
- 500 – 750 g carrots (coarsely sliced)
- 2-3 tbs Carotino or olive oil
- 1 tbs mild curry powder
- 1 cup coconut cream (not milk, not creamed coconut bar)
- ½ – 1 tbs garlic granules
- fine sea salt to taste
- 4-6 ready to eat smoked mackerels (about 500 g)
- wok to fry carrots (or roasting tray)
- large pot to cook pasta and then mix all ingredients together
- pot to cook Brussels sprouts
- In a large pot cook pasta in slightly salted water, drain, return to the pot and leave aside.
- In meantime cook also Brussels sprouts (halved) in water until soft to your liking, drain and leave aside.
- In a wok fry carrots on oil until browned and soft to your liking. Once carrots and done combine them with Brussels sprouts, continue heating the wok until all water from Brussels sprouts is gone.
- Add veggies to the pot with drained pasta. Add also mackerels, garlic granules, coconut cream, curry powder and salt if necessary. Serve immediately while still warm or later cooled down.
Serves 4-6 people.
You can also roast carrots with a little bit of oil instead of frying them.
This salad taste good as well without mackerels.
Mackerels can be also served on a side instead of being mixed into the salad.