This is our favourite sauce for baked turkey and it takes only couple of minutes to make (from scratch). No need to buy ready cranberry sauce ever again!
- 250 g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup freshly squeezed or ready orange juice (I used ready juice with bits)
- ½ – ¾ cup golden caster sugar
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan, bring to boil, then reduce fire and simmer for 10-15 minutes until cranberries are soft and falling apart.
- Serve immediately or pour into jar and store in the fridge for couple of days.
- Sauce can be also frozen for couple of weeks.
Makes about 1½ cups of sauce.
This sauce tastes good with baked meat and poultry or with crackers and cheese.
More recipes for Christmas & New Year’s.
More sauces and dips.